If you plan to participate in any tournament(s) conducted by the Palm Beach County Golf Association (PBCGA), it is important that you read the following information. It is your responsibility to know the rules and regulations concerning participating in PBCGA events.
The Palm Beach County Golf Association (PBCGA) takes great pride in the quality of its players, host facilities and community involvement at each tournament. In order to continue making the PBCGA experience enjoyable and rewarding for everyone, the Association requires all members to adhere to a set of guidelines known as the PBCGA Code of Conduct. The PBCGA Code of Conduct is to be followed throughout the player’s membership.
VIOLATIONS OF CODE OF CONDUCT AT A PBCGA EVENT
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
- Not adhering to the dress code at the host golf course
- Conduct unbecoming of a PBCGA player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions
- Failure to treat host golf course with respect
- Operating a golf cart in a manner that may harm host facility property or endanger yourself, passengers or others at the event
- Verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, sponsors, host golf course staff or members, PBCGA staff or volunteers
REQUIRED DRESS AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward; males must remove hat/visor while indoors
- Collared shirts must be worn and tucked in at all times
PROHIBITED DRESS AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Tank tops, T-shirts
- Denim shorts, short-shorts, cargo shorts, gym shorts, jeans, sweat pants
Proper attire is required at all times at the host golf course. Should a host golf course have a stricter dress code, its policy will take precedence. Players in violation will not be allowed to tee off.
CELLULAR PHONE POLICY
Should a host golf course have a stricter cellular phone policy, its policy will take precedence.
- The use of a cellular phone (on silence mode) is permitted during competition but ONLY for non-verbal use (texting, email, etc.)
- The verbal use of a cellular phone while at the host facility is strongly discouraged
- In the case of an emergency the PBCGA will make an exception for verbal cellular phone use on the course
- Radios and other like devices during competition are not permitted
TOURNAMENT CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION PENALTIES
The PBCGA Tournament Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on severity and frequency of the violation(s):
- One-stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike behavior on the golf course or breach of PBCGA Code of Conduct
- Immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs
PBCGA COMPETITIONS COMMITTEE/SUSPENSION INFORMATION
- The PBCGA Competition Committee reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership for a major breach of the PBCGA Code of Conduct
- In the event of a suspension, The PBCGA Competition Committee will determine the length of the suspension after reviewing all submitted materials, including a PBCGA tournament staff account of the violation
- A suspended player may submit an appeal to the PBCGA Competition Committee within 15 days of the suspension
- The PBCGA Competition Committee will review and respond within 15 days after the receipt of the notice of appeal
- Any player whose membership is under suspension will not be eligible for postseason honors
- Violation of the PBCGA Code of Conduct may affect a player’s eligibility for the Tour Championship and post-season honors
Contact us for questions related to PBCGA Code of Conduct.